A TJS Peer Supporter is someone who…
- will always listen
- is never too busy to stop and help
- is kind, sensible and considerate
- has patience and is understanding
- cares and is able to spot someone in need
Our responsibilities include:
- Helping year 3 children settle into their new school by showing them around and providing them with information about our school.
- Helping all new pupils during play times, making sure that they don’t feel lonely.
- Supporting children in all year groups during wet play times by encouraging them to play games sensibly.
- Behaving in a way which sets a good example to others in the school.
- Attending a training programme.
- Attending meetings and being prepared to share information.
- Working on a rota basis monitor access to the school during play times.
- Knowing when and how to pass on information to adults in the school.
- Understanding the rules of confidentiality.