The Impact of our Curriculum
It is important to us that our children achieve excellence not only in the core subjects, but in every curriculum subject. We have lots of ways of measuring and celebrating success across the curriculum, as well as ensuring that children know what they need to do to progress.
We ensure that we maintain a broad and balanced curriculum in the following ways:
- Ensuring we have experienced Subject Leaders for every subject.
- Ensuring that every subject is included in our School Development Plan and Monitoring Schedule - meaning that standards and attainment in every subject are always being checked and improved.
- Ensuring there is accountability to Governance for every subject - all subjects have a nominated governor, who leaders update regularly. It’s the job of the governors to ask us challenging questions about how to make our school even better!
- Holding termly Pupil Progress Meetings.
- Ensuring there is communication with parents about all strands of the curriculum.
- To ultimately learn through experiences and adventures!