Permanent TEACHING ASSISTANT (x 2 posts)
Pro-Rata Salary: £13506 per annum (plus Annual Leave based on continuous years’ service)
HOURS: 32.5 hours per week (term time)
Thomlinson Junior School
The Goose Market, High Street, Wigton CA7 9PG
Age Range 7-11 NOR: 235
Headteacher: Mrs D.A. Maxwell Tel: 016973 42432 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to an increase in SEN children across the school, the Governors are seeking to appoint two permanent Teaching Assistants, with a start date of September 2023.
The candidate must:
• hold a relevant Childcare/Learning Support Qualification;
• have experience/knowledge of supporting children with SEND;
• be a good communicator with staff, pupils and parents;
• be committed to ensuring the very best educational experiences for all children;
• have experience of supporting children in classes, small groups and 1:1;
• demonstrate a willingness to participate in extra curricular activities, including residential trips.
- be adaptable to change and can work well under-pressure;
- be able to work effectively as part of a large team of teachers and teaching assistants.
We can offer:
- A happy, stimulating and attractive environment in which each child is encouraged to enjoy learning and develop a lively and enquiring mind.
- An inclusive school with a curriculum built upon ‘learning through adventure and experience’
- A SEND ‘Strategically Resourced’ School which benefits from specialist teaching areas, resources and highly skilled staff;
- Forward thinking, pro-active Governors.
- A very supportive network of staff - eager to welcome you as valued member of the team.
- Exciting opportunities for continuing professional development.
Thomlinson Junior School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be appointed on completion of an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and satisfactory references.
Visits to the school are welcome by appointment.
Application packs are available on the school website: www.thomlinson.cumbria.sch.uk
Completed applications are to be returned to the School Business Manager: Mrs K. Myers marked private and confidential by either email or paper copy. (email@example.com)
Closing Date: Thursday 22nd June 2023
Short-Listing: Friday 23rd June 2023
Interviews to be held the week beginning 3rd July 2023
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all job applicants and aim to select people for employment on the basis of their individual skills, abilities, experience, knowledge and, where appropriate, qualifications and training.
However, Thomlinson Junior School is an exempt employer as defined in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions Order 1975) and as such, we have a lawful basis for requesting an enhanced DBS disclosure certificate for all employees. In addition, the school is a regulated activity provider and for most posts, we have a statutory duty to check that the individual is not barred from regulated work with children and / or adults.
The safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults is of paramount importance to us and the scrutiny of any unspent cautions or convictions and those which would not be protected under the Ministry of Justice filtering rules is an essential and non-negotiable part of the pre-employment check process.
We will consider ex-offenders for employment on their individual merits.
Workforce Privacy Notice
Recruitment of ex-offenders policy and procedures
*awaiting updates - please contact the school for further information